Power Ledger is a fast-growing energy technology start-up established in 2016 with a global footprint working from Perth, Australia. We are growing, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a strong work ethic to be part of our growth journey.
The Software Engineer role is a full-time permanent opportunity to work within Power Ledger’s Tech team.
Key responsibilities & outcomes
- Work within a close team implementing cutting-edge and reliable systems.
- Write program code to meet platform requirements accordingly to client expectations and quality accredited standards and practice.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement best practice and satisfy product and service requirements.
- Inspire innovative solutions to challenging problems through systematic research, analysis, development and testing of applications.
- Document solutions accordingly.
- Comfortable with agile software development methodologies: Scrum, unit testing, code reviews, and more.
Experience and knowledge
- 1-3 years professional development experience.
- Strong programming skills in Java.
- Experience with SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Web Services technologies experience i.e. RESTful APIs.
- Experience with version control systems (Git, Subversion).
- Experience with blockchain systems or Solidity.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience working with Cloud environments and technologies (GCP preferred).
- Experience developing Spring Boot services.
Desired soft skills
- You are a quick learner and enjoy researching new tricks and tools.
- You are eager to contribute to a team and help others where you can.
- You are willing and open to constructive criticism of your work and can provide it to others.
- You have an open mind and are willing to explore approaches suggested by other team members.
- You can explain how functionality has been implemented to Product Managers or other internal stakeholders.
Position Type: Full-time permanent
Location: Perth CBD