Power Ledger is a fast-growing energy technology start-up established in 2016 with a global footprint working from Perth, Australia. We are growing, and we are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual with a strong work ethic to be part of our growth journey.
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our development team with a keen eye for design, and who likes to take ownership of their domain and deliver high quality and consistent user experiences across a range of mediums.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
As a front end developer at Power Ledger you will work closely with our UX/UI designers and backend developers to develop and maintain front end solutions for our suite of products.
In addition to your role’s specific outcomes identified above, all staff are expected to:
Contribute to a positive and innovative organisational culture.
Work closely and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders including other staff, consultants and contractors.
Human Resource Management
Maintain an awareness of and work within Power Ledger’s Human Resource policies and procedures.
Information and Knowledge Management
Effectively capture, store and use information in accordance with Power Ledger’s Knowledge Management policy.
Maintain an awareness of and work within business budgets.
Develop and maintain industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
Skills & Attributes, Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
Required education and experience
- A tertiary degree in IT or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of user experience with excellent attention to detail
- Mentoring backend developers to become more full-stack
- Experience with responsive web design and optimisation
- Ability to work alongside back-end developers and designers to achieve functional and design requirements
- Experience working with:
- HTML, CSS, SASS and JS
- Experience writing tests using Enzyme and Jest
Desired skills and experience
- Experience creating wireframes using Figma or Sketch
- Experience using CMS such as WordPress (to help out with website if required)
- Experience with iOS / Android app development
- Experience building single page applications
- Experience building against RESTful APIs
- Experience writing Swagger v2 / Open API v3 documentation
- Experience using Node.JS
- Experience using Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience using AWS or Google Cloud
Position Type: Full-time permanent
Location: Perth CBD