We are constantly on the hunt for bright Software Engineers, who are highly energetic, passionate and committed to excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Work within a close team implementing cutting-edge and reliable systems.
- Write program code to meet platform requirements according to client expectations and quality accredited standards and practice.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement best practice and satisfy product and service requirements.
- Inspire innovative solutions to challenging problems through systematic research, analysis, development and testing of applications.
- Document solutions.
- Comfortable with agile software development methodologies: Scrum, unit testing, code reviews, and more.
In addition to your role’s specific outcomes identified above, all staff are expected to:
- Contribute to a positive and innovative organisational culture and values: https://www.powerledger.io/company/our-values
- Demonstrating leadership for the culture within Powerledger.
- Looking for opportunities to lift the performance of your colleagues in constructive ways.
- Leading by example.
- Work closely and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders including other staff, consultants and contractors.
- As needed, represent Powerledger at conferences, workshops and networking events focused on energy regulation.
Human Resource Management
- Maintain an awareness of and work within Powerledger’s Human Resource policies and procedures.
Information and Knowledge Management
- Effectively capture, store and use information in accordance with Powerledger’s Knowledge Management policy.
- Maintain an awareness of and work within business budgets.
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organisations.
Skills & Attributes, Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
Required education and experience
- 1-3 years professional development experience.
- Strong programming skills in Java.
- Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Web Services technologies experience i.e. GraphQL, RESTful APIs.
- Experience with version control systems.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience developing Spring Boot services.
- Experience with MongoDB.
- Experience with Apache Kafka.
- Experience with Kubernetes or Docker.
- Experience working with Cloud environments and technologies (GCP preferred).
Desired soft skills
- You are a quick learner and enjoy researching new tricks and tools.
- You are eager to contribute to a team and help others where you can.
- You are willing and open to constructive criticism of your work and can provide it to others.
- You have an open mind and are willing to explore approaches suggested by other team members.
- You can explain how functionality has been implemented to Product Managers or other internal stakeholders.
Powerledger is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to celebrate diversity and ensure we create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTQIA+ community, people living with disabilities, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.