We are constantly on the hunt for bright Software Engineers, who are highly energetic, passionate and committed to excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes
- Work within the development team, implementing software applications .
- Write code to meet product requirements and defined standards.
- Understand our product platforms and contribute to their ongoing technical development.
- Document implemented solutions.
- Learn and embrace agile software development routines: scrum, unit testing, code reviews, etc.
In addition to your role’s specific outcomes identified above, all staff are expected to:
- Contribute to a positive and innovative organisational culture and values: https://www.powerledger.io/company/our-values
- Demonstrating leadership for the culture within Powerledger.
- Looking for opportunities to lift the performance of your colleagues in constructive ways.
- Leading by example.
- Work closely and effectively with key internal and external stakeholders including other staff, consultants and contractors.
- As needed, represent Powerledger at conferences, workshops and networking events focused on energy regulation.
Human Resource Management
- Maintain an awareness of and work within Powerledger’s Human Resource policies and procedures.
Information and Knowledge Management
- Effectively capture, store and use information in accordance with Powerledger’s Knowledge Management policy.
- Maintain an awareness of and work within business budgets.
- Develop and maintain industry knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organisations.
Skills & Attributes, Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- You are a quick learner and enjoy researching new tricks and tools.
- You are eager to contribute to a team and help others where you can.
- You are willing and open to constructive criticism of your work.
- You have an open mind and are willing to explore approaches suggested by other team members.
- You can explain your decisions and implementation details to Product Managers and other internal stakeholders.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Java programming language.
- Experience developing web applications with React.
- Knowledge of databases.
- Understanding of APIs.
- Spring Boot services.
- Apache Kafka.
- Google Cloud Platform.
Powerledger is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to celebrate diversity and ensure we create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTQIA+ community, people living with disabilities, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.