Product Owner (PO) is responsible for the initial and ongoing development of Power Ledger Product(s) in order to maximise their value and achieve Power Ledger’s strategic goals. Working with other key capabilities including developers, analysts and business development experts the PO leads and coordinates all of the activities required to bring the product to market.
To do this, the product owner takes on several roles that span the value chain, including business strategist, product designer, market analyst, customer liaison, and project manager. The Product Owner is the central point of communication for the product. Internal stakeholders such as founders, project delivery team and business development will rely on the Product Owner to develop and communicate the product features and commercial strategy.
- Understand our product’s position in the current and emerging market and regulatory environments.
- Develop insights that help create commercial competitive advantages.
- Develop commercialisation strategies that leverage Power Ledger’s core capability and achieve scale.
- Complete / contribute to market and financial research and modelling to inform our value proposition and add value to proposals and approach of potential clients.
- Build highly effective relationships with the market and delivery partners in order to create mutually beneficial commercial relationships.
- Use these relationships and wider networks to identify new opportunities for existing product capability or new development opportunities.
- Creating client presentations, proposals and terms sheets to build strong and aligned commercial relationships and opportunities.
- Support customers and trial partners in order to demonstrate value, create delighted customer experiences and growth in platform products and services.
- Help to create content for sales tools (such as case studies, analytics tools, slides etc).
Product & Agile Product Development
- Represent Power Ledger as a subject matter expert for our technology and business model and in doing so contribute to Power Ledger’s good reputation in the market and wider industry.
- Use high-level technical knowledge of the product feature set and its relationship with customers to develop advanced product designs, development and integration processes and strategies.
- Oversee internal processes that support product development investment decisions and subsequent design development, testing and release processes.
- Act as the key point of contact for the development team and stakeholders on product requirements and product specifications.
- Oversee acceptance testing and make recommendations on product readiness.
- Manage multiple business and technical projects simultaneously and ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and with high quality
- Develop project plans to track progress
- Perform risk management to minimise project risks and associated legal and reputation risks
- Support the process of project discovery and mapping, including understanding the trading logic to relay to the tech team
- Act as the key client liaison with respect to all aspects of project delivery
- Data processing, analysis and quality assurance
- Ensure high levels of internal engagement and understanding in delivery requirements and risks
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to develop commercial terms that deliver strategically important outcomes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication coupled with stakeholder management skills
- Modelling skills related to the energy market and the ability to assess the feasibility of projects in different operating environments
- Ability to produce detailed reports, proposals and presentations
- Familiarity working with SQL, software development and advanced excel skills (desirable)
- Understanding of agile methodologies and experience in a startup environment (preferred)
- Tertiary qualification in a related field (Commerce/Business, IT or Engineering)
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of experience within the energy sector in a related role including energy market, network services, flexibilities and PPA experience is desirable.
- An in-depth understanding of the energy industry and regulatory processes
- Tertiary qualification in commerce, business, engineering or a related discipline
Cover letter explaining your motivation to join the Power Ledger team
Detailed CV and/or Linkedin Profile
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the software development lifecycle?
- How many years' experience do you have working in an agile environment?