- Conduct market research and competitor analysis: Perform market research regarding the regulation, policies, political context, legislation gaps, etc. and analyse the competitors to assess the business opportunities and risks.
- Write a sales proposal: Draft the proposal tailored to a client, using the existing sales collaterals and information collected from market research and competitor analysis.
- Demo the Powerledger platform and engage with clients: Showcase the platform and engage with clients throughout the entire sales process.
- Prepare handover materials to a project team: Collect information during the client calls to define the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders and analyse their impact and influence.
- Build/adjust the energy model: Build a new model or make changes to the existing energy model to conduct a cost-benefit analysis, profitability analysis or feasibility study by accommodating the needs of the clients.
- Become a subject matter expert of Hubspot: Provide ongoing support on Hubspot to sales representatives and executives for regular reporting.
- Draft and submit grant application: Search for a relevant grant Powerledger qualifies to apply and draft the grant application with the help of relevant sales team members.
- Carry out all daily tasks: Break responsibilities as an Ops Team member into daily tasks in a clear and consistent manner and perform tasks effectively using the relevant project management tools
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Proactivity and self-motivation
- Innovation and Creativity
- Teamwork and Partnerships
- Customer service
- Client Relationship Management
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Maths, Science, Economics, Data Analysis or any other analytical field (Energy systems, Power systems or majors in Renewable energy will be looked at favourably).
- An understanding of energy systems across topic areas, such as infrastructure, markets, regulations, and policy derived from relevant work experience (working for an energy retailer, network company, technology or energy services company will be looked upon favourably).
- Experience in a software or IT environment and project management experience is desirable.
Specific Measures of Success – Expected Outcomes
- Primary measure: Effectively support sales and business development activities, and identify new business opportunities via market research and engagement with clients.
- Undergo analyst training to familiarise oneself with the platform features, back office, and Hubspot within 3 months after joining the Ops team, and become the product technical expert in the region.
- Perform all the tasks related to Powerledger’s sales activities and engage with the clients within 3 months after joining the Ops team.
Powerledger is an equal opportunity employer. Our goal is to celebrate diversity and ensure we create an inclusive environment for all employees. We welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, the LGBTQIA+ community, people living with disabilities, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds.