Over the last 6 months Power Ledger has onboarded several large key customers to its platform including:
- An exclusive partnership with the Thai Digital Energy Development (TDED) to develop a blockchain-based digital energy business in Thailand.
- A partnership with the Midwest Renewable Energy Tracking System (M-RETS) in the US, to launch a Renewable Energy Certificate marketplace in the United States.
- A landmark partnership with green energy retailer ekWateur in France to roll out our energy trading platform to 220,000 electricity meters across France.
- A three-year deal to install the Power Ledger platform across 10 residential developments to be built by Nicheliving in the Perth metropolitan region.
- A trial with one of Italy’s largest renewable electricity utilities, Alperia SpA, after being named a winner of the Alperia Startup Factory Innovation Camp.
This 4th Escrow Report reflects some of these partnerships.
Previous Escrow reports can be found here:
- Escrow Report #1 (July 18 – December 2018)
- Escrow Report #2 (January 19 – June 2019)
- Escrow Report #3 (July 19 – December 2019)
This is our latest and 4th POWR Project Escrow Report. We release these reports every 6 months, detailing the total amount of POWR being held in escrow for active projects as well as, more recently, detailing the number of POWR tokens burned.
You can read more about how our escrow process works for active projects here.
Some of the payments received from customers from 1 January to 30 June 2020 are reflected in this report. In total 3,061,753 POWR tokens are escrowed or burned as part of this report as follows:
- 2,782,585 POWR have been escrowed, and
- 279,168 POWR have been burned.
The amount of POWR escrowed and burned is a function of two things: the size of the payment received from the customer and the price of a POWR token. When the average price of the POWR token is higher, the same payment amount buys fewer POWR tokens. When comparing different Escrow Reports, consideration should be given to the typical price of POWR over the period of time covered in the report.
Please note the Escrow Address for this Report #4 is the same as previous reports:
Currently this address contains cumulative 5,502,004 POWR escrowed as follows:
- As at the date of Report #1 (533,066)
- As at the date of Report #2 (172,000)
- As at the date of Report #3 (2,014,353)
- As at the date of Report #4 (2,782,585)
Similar to the period covered by Report #3, a number of POWR tokens were burned instead of escrowed during the period covered by Report #4. In this case it was 279,168 POWR. These can be viewed at:
The transaction ID’s of the burned tokens are:
From 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2020, a total of 5,502,004 POWR tokens have been escrowed and 493,877 POWR tokens have been burned.
Latest news from the Power Ledger head office
Like the rest of the world, we’ve made a transition to video conferencing for the majority of our business development conversations during COVID-19. Despite the shift to all-virtual, it is heartening to see that distance is not stopping us from continuing to build strong relationships with our customers.
We are also still speaking and presenting at various events, and more recently we spoke at:
- The Global Blockchain Business Council’s virtual members webinar;
- The India Smart Grid Forum’s workshop on “Blockchain Applications in the Electricity Sector” as part of the Asia Clean Energy Forum 2020; and
- GEODE’s “Blockchain and the Energy Transition” webinar.
For the remainder of 2020, we continue to focus heavily on international expansion and leveraging our existing partnerships in the Asian, European and US markets.
To get in touch, contact us here.